MISSOURI & KANSAS EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEY
Experienced Missouri & Kansas Employment Law Attorney
Unfortunately, many employees are treated unfairly when an employer makes an employment decision, and sometimes those decisions are driven by illegal motives, but rarely are illegal motives admitted.
When an individual has concerns about such employment decisions, they want legal advice. Many whom initially contact Reavey Law want to understand the legal ramifications of a suspected illegal employment decision, others want an opportunity to tell their side of the story, and some want to stand up against their employer if they were victims of discrimination or unfair treatment. If we are able to take your case, we will provide you our analysis and assessment of your claim to ensure you make an informed decision at each step of the litigation process.
At Reavey Law LLC, we have represented clients in a variety of employment law disputes, such as:
- Employment Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation and Wrongful Discharge – Discrimination, retaliation, and harassment have no place in the workplace. If you have been the victim of harassment, retaliation, or discrimination, or have been wrongfully discharged, contact our law firm immediately.
- School Bullying and Harassment – Schools and educational facilities in Kansas and Missouri also have legal obligations to the students in their care. If illegal discrimination or bullying occurs, or the school fails to properly supervise students and someone is harmed as a result of illegal discrimination or bullying, you may have a claim. Call Reavey Law LLC for an evaluation of your case.
- Pregnancy Discrimination – If you feel you have been passed over for a job, denied a promotion, or wrongfully terminated as a result of your pregnancy or related medical conditions, you may have a claim for pregnancy discrimination. The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) protects women from unfair treatment based on pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Issues – The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) protects employees who need to take leave due to pregnancy or their own illness, or to care for a sick family member. If you have been denied a medical leave of absence or have been treated unfairly after taking such a leave, call Reavey Law LLC immediately.
- Disability Discrimination (ADA) Issues – State and Federal law provides protections to individuals who suffer conditions that interfere with their daily lives. Those protections may require your employer to engage in efforts to interactively resolve your need for an accommodation and, of course, make non-discriminatory employment decisions (i.e. decisions that are not motivated by your disability). If you believe you are suffering disability-based discrimination in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other related law, call Reavey Law LLC to discuss your situation.
- Employment agreements – Employees are often asked to sign a multitude of employment agreements before and during their employment. Noncompete agreements, severance agreements, and confidentiality agreements can limit your rights in your current and future employment. If you need legal advice about your severance, confidentiality or non-compete agreement, contact Reavey Law LLC.
- Wage and hour law disputes – The FLSA protects many employees from being paid less than the required minimum wage, not being paid for all hours worked, and not being paid time and a half for hours worked over forty in a week. Importantly, an employer cannot simply pay an employee a salary to avoid paying overtime. Rather, to do this, the work duties of the job must qualify as being exempt from overtime and minimum wage requirements, and many times they are not. We represent employees who are in a dispute with their employer over wage and hour issues.
Contact a Missouri & Kansas Employment Dispute Lawyer
If you feel you have been treated unfairly in the workplace, contact an experienced employment law lawyer at Reavey Law LLC for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. After-hours and weekend appointments are available.